Lets Learn With Us
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mphill English Literature/Lingusitics

3 posters

Go down

Mphill English Literature/Lingusitics Empty Mphill English Literature/Lingusitics

Post by maaz Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:47 pm

members m new member of this forum plz guide me m want to do m.phil in english literature n for getting admission i have to pass interview plz tell me scope of literature m.phil n how to prepare for interview.thanks

maaz

Back to top Go down

Mphill English Literature/Lingusitics Empty Re: Mphill English Literature/Lingusitics

Post by Archer Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:49 am

WElcom on Board Maaz

Well ..
Mphil in English Literture or any other subject is becoming mandatory now a days.

In the coming remorseless era Mphil will be an armor.

If you want to have admission in Mphil, first chose an institution, check out the fees packages and the reputaion of the institution. If you think that every thing is okay then prepare for the NTS -Gat test because most of the institutions demand fot this. If you have good score in it which must be more than 70 , wil ensure your admission at the time of appearing in front of the interview panel.

For the preparation of the Interview wait for post of our memeber who has gone through the entire process and now working on his Thesis
Archer
Archer
Free Your Soul
Free Your Soul

https://notes.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Mphill English Literature/Lingusitics Empty Re: Mphill English Literature/Lingusitics

Post by maaz Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:55 pm

bhai i have done maste from bzu multan as a xternal student in 2nd div .i qualified gat with score 64. islamia university bahawalpur admission open .can i get admission there and how is reputation of its english deptt.plz guide me i should work hard to get admission in linguistics b cause m not much familire with it i just studied linguistics 200 marks in master but literature i studied more. islamia uni provides hostel facility r not plz guide about interview also .regards

maaz

Back to top Go down

Mphill English Literature/Lingusitics Empty Mphill English Literature/Lingusitics

Post by qaisar waheed Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:42 am

hi maaz, it's qaisar waheed here, good to know that you r interested in doing m.phil in english.
if you have a good academic record, you have a chance to get admission provided that you performed well in written test. islamia univ is offering m.phil in linguistics, to prepare for your test, you should go throug the terms used in linguistics. most importantly anaphor, auxiliary, cognitive linguistic, coherence, cohesion, creole, diachrony, dialect, langue, lexicon, linguistics, morpheme, morphology, paradigm, paradigmitic relation, paralanguage, parole, phoneme, phonetics, phonology. phrase, pidgin, paragmatics, sementics, sociolinguistics, psycholinguistics, stress, stylistics, synchrony, syntagmatic relation, syntax, and vernacular.
you can get the defintion of these terms from any book availabe on linguistics, especially KEY CONCEPT IN LANGUAGE AND LINGUISTICS by R.L.Trask
hope that these would help you not only in your test but also in interview.
one thing must be in your mind that punjab public service commission does not consider m.a in linguistics or even m.phil in linguistics.

worries at the start of the day means that you are still alive.

May Allah Bless you.
we r always there to help and guide you.
Allah Hafiz

qaisar waheed
Lecturer in English
Lecturer in English

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:08 pm

These are two different things.
Mphill English Literature and Mphil Lingusitics

This confusion has been created in Assistant Professor's Interview recently.
PPSC is considering ineligible, the applicants having Mphil in Lingusitics, for the interview
Archer
Archer
Free Your Soul
Free Your Soul

Back to top Go down

Post by maaz Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:50 am

aoa QAISAR in fact i have qualified written test of ppsc times for post of lecturer english in 2009 and took interview but not selected in final .i passed written test of s.s english in 2010 and taken interview but in vain .ppsc exam are based mostly on litt. m also struggling 2 get admission in m.phil litt. plz let me know that canditate who are M Ain linguistics or m.phil in liguistics ppsc reject them.plz help me in getting job and admission in m.phil litt.thanks a lot.when ppsc is announcing post of lecturer?

maaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:07 am

Mphil Linguistics have won the case, now they are eligible for the assistant Professor.

As the case was in the court.
Archer
Archer
Free Your Soul
Free Your Soul

Back to top Go down

Mphill English Literature/Lingusitics Empty request to sir qaisar

Post by maaz Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:54 pm

sir i want to be guided about interview of m.phil eng litt but you did not reply yet plz m looking forward to your kind reply thanks

maaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Archer Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:01 am

The truth behind this question is very bitter.

Most of the universities fullfil their Mphil seats through the students whom they desire.

Consumate favouritism.....

However if you are lucky , the syllabus you have gone through, is sufficinet enough.

But they ask the most difficult question to those students whom they dont want to be admit.

Yest there are some universities, their admissions are purely on merit.

If you have good command on the content you have read in your M.A , you should not be afraid , if things are purely on merit

Archer
Archer
Free Your Soul
Free Your Soul

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum